“Something big has happened. I won’t reveal it now,” Rajnath Singh
Home Minister of India Rajnath Singh has said that Indian forces may have hit Pakistani targets across the border with heavy artillery attacks to avenge the killing of a BSF soldier in firing by the Pakistani troopers.
Referring to the killing of Narendra Singh on the International Border in Samba district, the minister said, Kuchh hua hai, main bataunga nahin. Theek thaak hua hai. Vis .. Vishwas rakhna theek thaak hua hai do teen din pehle. Aur aage bhi dekhiyega kya hoga”. (Something has happened. I won’t reveal it now. Something big has happened. Trust me something big has happened two-three days ago. And you will also see what happens in future”, Times of India, on Saturday, reported quoting Rajnath Singh.
The disclosure came on the second anniversary of the surgical strike India carried two years ago to avenge the killing of 18 soldiers killed in a militant suicide attack on Uri’s brigade headquarters in 2016.
India then claimed that its soldiers crossed inside Pakistani border and inflicted heavy casualties on Pakistani forces and militants destroying their launching pads.
However, Pakistan rejected Indian attack as “imaginary” and said no such strike was ever carried by Indian soldiers. Many political and defence experts within India too questioned the authenticity of the claim.
This year Indian government decided to celebrate the ‘strike’ at all official levels. The claim of “something big has happened” by the home minister is being viewed in this context.
However, there had been no reports of any such ‘big thing’ having happened on the LOC or border from the other side.