War clouds not over yet. As India says all options available, Pakistan claims they have aborted an attempt by Indian submarine from entering Pakistani waters

KR Report

The clouds of war are still hovering over the sky. As India today said that it has not closed its options yet, Pakistan said that its Navy foiled a bid by an Indian submarine from entering Pakistani waters. Pakistan also claimed that India with the backing of Israel and at the peak of its standoff with Pakistan had last week planned a “dangerous attack” to be executed from its Rajasthan airbase.

“Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was stopped from attacking Pakistan by the United States and Britain once Pakistan informed them of its clear intention to hit back three times harder if its eastern neighbour violated its territorial integrity”, Pakistani media reported today.

“Pakistan’s elite intelligence agencies got hold of the details in time and informed the highest offices in the government following which Prime Minister Imran Khan chaired a meeting of the National Command Authority late on Wednesday, February 27. Established in February 2000, the NCA controls the government policy on nuclear weapons. Its members essentially include the Prime Minister, the Foreign, Defence and Interior ministers, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC), three Services Chiefs, Director-General of Strategic Plans Division”, reported the News International.

Quoting well informed sources the News claim that the Pakistani meeting discussed the Indian plan in detail and went on to select 12 Indian cities that were to be hit in retaliation to the Indian aggression. “All hits were to be of conventional weapons.” Pakistan decided to hit India three times harder. “If India were to hit Pakistan with one missile, Pakistan would have reciprocated with three – on three different cities inside India.”

According to a statement issued on Tuesday, the Pakistan Navy detected an India submarine and stopped it from entering Pakistani waters.

A spokesman for the Pak Navy said it was the second occasion since 2016 when it has detected an Indian submarine trying to enter  Pakistani waters.

The navy also released video of the submarine with the grainy black and white footage showing only what appeared to be a periscope above water. The timestamp on the video clip shows it began at 8.35 pm on Monday.

“If there is another terrorist attack, all options are available to the government,” the sources said.

Saying that India’s focus now was on fighting terrorism, the sources downplayed Pakistan’s claims that its soil is not being used for terrorism and that it was taking action against the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) and the Falah-i-Insaniyat Foundation (FIF).

(Photo Dawn)

 

 

 

Be the first to comment on "War clouds not over yet. As India says all options available, Pakistan claims they have aborted an attempt by Indian submarine from entering Pakistani waters"

Leave a comment